Courage and Creation – A Family Day for “Courage to Act”
22. October 2023
A day with activities for children and their families
With courage and creation activities for the whole family, the Museum’s Courage to Act Family Day will open the Museum for a full day of fun inspired by the new exhibition, Courage to Act: Rescue in Denmark, the Museum’s first exhibition for visitors aged 9 and up.
The schedule includes:
- A concert of Danish and Klezmer music with dancing and singalongs for all ages presented by Mozart for Munchkins from 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM with doors at 10:30 AM.
- Lighthouse-making and boat-building for all ages with Abby Adams from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM.
- Nature-based activities led by Linda White and Jane Tuv inspired by The Garden of Stones by Andy Goldsworthy at 12:30 PM, 1:30 PM, 2:30 PM, and 3:00 PM.
- Special reading of middle-grade book Harboring Hope by acclaimed author Susan Hood at 3:00 PM.
- A reading corner with materials for children of all ages will be open all day.
Registration is encouraged, but not required. The Museum is open on Sundays from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM with Jewish and Russian fare on offer at the Museum’s LOX Café. Timed tickets are required to view Courage to Act and can be purchased here. Tickets include admission to the rest of the Museum.
Please note that minor children are required to be accompanied by a parent at all family activities.
Date: October 22, 2023 at 11:00 AM (ET) – 4:00 PM
Place: Edmond J. Safra Plaza 36 Battery Place, New York, NY 10280
Price: Free with museum admission.
Arranged by: Museum of Jewish Heritage – A living memorial to the Holocaust (New York) & Consulate General of Denmark in New York